Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Update March 13, 2007:

The BlueSMiRF is paying huge dividends in my ability to code and test. My PID function is working great and I have set it for 50Hz. I have expanded my interactive menu to allow me to command distances and angles to the bot. Last night I finally added a separate switch for the motors, and mounted the motor controller circuit. I’ve been using a 3S Lithium Polymer battery for my power source, and am thinking of getting a 4S to see how fast I can go.

My next task will be to add the SoundGin circuit and play with announcing the current command or some phrase. Then I want to add odometry calculations and command waypoints. Then add in the sonar and some prox sensors. I’m still having fun with the blue tooth though.

On the CNC front, I lucked out (or maybe not, time will tell) in winning a CNC kit for my mill off Ebay. I’ve ordered the last missing components from McMaster Carr (great prices and fair shipping) and plan to install it this weekend. In the mean time, I need to disassemble the ball nuts to make sure they are not missing any and to clean them. It’s be a waste of time to install it all only to have to take it apart due to an issue regarding the ball nuts … at least that’s the way I see it.

Onward,
Jay