Saturday, October 06, 2007

Version 1

Here is my plan for version 1 of my GUI.
My plan is this. I will have a thread that does nothing but parse the incoming serial stream into a multidimensional array. The array components will consist of:
  • time (this will be the value of the free-running timer from the AVR)
  • left commanded velocity
  • right commanded
  • left measured velocity
  • right measured velocity
  • left distance (though I may omit these and let the GUI calculate these two)
  • right distance
  • sonar reading
  • left PWM value (right now I'm set for 10-bit PWM, this might help me determine if I can use less resolution)
  • right PWM value
  • left PID proportional value (the I is silent :) )
  • right PID proportional value
  • left PID derivative value
  • right PID derivative value
I'll need to format the string in the most efficient manner so I'm thinking HEX

Stay tuned...