Wednesday, October 25, 2006

10/25/2006 progress:

What a good day it turned out to be yesterday. I went home at lunch to fix the serial cable connector. I booted it up and tried the Soundgin software. YEEHA it works! I spent some time playing with the vocabulary by adding my own words to the listing. So now I move on to the line following sensor.

I have decided that each sensor will be individually mounted and wired. I will use 6’ servo leads. I am leaning towards the QRD 1114 part for ease of mounting. I will try analog first.

Still need to get some proto PCB. I’d rather use the solder mask plated thru hole material vesus the RS stuff, but it’s hard to tell what you get if you order it from a B&W photo. Anyone have any part numbers for me to use. I am thinking 4”x 6” or 2”x 3” .1” PTH with solder mask and mounting holes in each corner.

Onward,
Jay