Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Had a chance at lunch to play with the MAVRIC some more. Went through the intro document that comes with WinAVR. Was able to enter a debug session in AVRStudio and step, watch, modify register and program variables. One thing I learned is that everything slows way down from real time.

I then proceeded to debug the hello world program which uses interrupts. Ended up having to modify the program to get any realistic speed, but the program did step as it should. To improve the speed, I will play with breakpoints.

I then modified an AVRLib program using his library to do the same thing as Hello Wolrd. After I figured out the different places I need to check to make sure the right library and target chip is configured it works too. All in all a very productive day.

Next steps. Time to play with some hardware. I will add a serial LCD, a server, and a quadrature encoder. maybe even a push button ... I think I have a "test" board with some LEDs and buttons on it from a Rabbit2000 kit.

Onward,
Jay