Sunday, October 15, 2006

October 15, 2006 progress:

One step back, two steps forward. I became obvious to me once I started trying to put a few sensors together and control the rate at which they scanned and displayed their data that I need some sort of task scheduler or RTOS. A quick search on Google and it brought up one I had read about but never used AvrX.

So I have sent the last day reading about AvrX and experimenting with shoehorning my existing sensor drivers into it. After some initial issues with the makefile I was using I have successfully grafted the encoder, i2c, and matrixglcd functions onto some example code Larry provides. I love quick wins it just boosts my morale.

So now that the quick and dirty is out of the way, I am reading everything I can about how and when to use the AvrX api. I have joined the Yahoo Groups support group as well. I hope to have the SRF04 code added by tomorrow. However, it looks like I may want/need to make a serial cable to enable debugging first.

Onward,
Jay